Released on the 8th March 2018
12 designs included in the Playing the Field Machine Embroidery design set.
The Playing the Field design is suitable for a 6 x 10, 5 x 10 inch, 240mm x 150mm and 180mm x 130mm hoop.
The Playing the Field design is available in ART, DST, EXP, HUS, JEF, PES, VIP, VP3 and XXX.
The colour chart is included in the design set.
Down to Earth Wall Hanging
What you will need:
- 4 metres of fabric, I always purchase more than I need, just in case. This includes the backing fabric you need to stitch all the designs down.
- 4 metres of light or medium weight wadding, I used light.
- 1.5 metres of red and white gingham fabric
- Tear away
The following photo is a guide to the numbering system for you to follow to make the quilt
- For each of the designs I used a light weight wadding and a tear away
- Stitch out the following “Down to Earth” designs 001 to 030 to make the quilt
- Find the centre of your backing fabric and mark the fabric as seen in the photograph
- Lightly glue, I used a hot glue gun and glue the design 005 down where you marked your centre and then zig zag stitch the design down to your background fabric
- Above 005 lightly glue 008 down and zig zag stitch the design down to your background fabric
- Keep going with lightly gluing the design and then zig zag stitching all the designs down
- You can then finish the quilt any way that would best suit you. I would have used the red and white gingham fabric as the background fabric but I did not have enough of the fabric so I put the gingham fabric on the outside of the quilt.