Down to Earth Wall Hanging
What you will need:
- 4 metres of fabric, I always purchase more than I need, just in case. This includes the backing fabric you need to stitch all the designs down.
- 4 metres of light or medium weight wadding, I used light.
- 1.5 metres of red and white gingham fabric
- Tear away
The following photo is a guide to the numbering system for you to follow to make the quilt
- For each of the designs I used a light weight wadding and a tear away
- Stitch out the following “Down to Earth” designs 001 to 030 to make the quilt
- Find the centre of your backing fabric and mark the fabric as seen in the photograph
- Lightly glue, I used a hot glue gun and glue the design 005 down where you marked your centre and then zig zag stitch the design down to your background fabric
- Above 005 lightly glue 008 down and zig zag stitch the design down to your background fabric
- Keep going with lightly gluing the design and then zig zag stitching all the designs down
- You can then finish the quilt any way that would best suit you. I would have used the red and white gingham fabric as the background fabric but I did not have enough of the fabric so I put the gingham fabric on the outside of the quilt.
Released on the 14th July 2018
8 designs included in the Grand Entrance Machine Embroidery design set.
The Grand Entrance design is suitable for a 5 x 7 inch or 180mm x 130mm hoop.
The Grand Entrance design is available in DST, EXP, HUS, JEF, PES, VIP, VP3 and XXX.
As I am now digitizing with Wilcom embroidery software (which is a commercial software) we are unable to convert files to ART format. Bernina embroidery machines will now need to purchase designs in EXP format. Sorry for the inconvenience.
The colour chart and instructions are included with the design set.
These decorative stitches are in most of your sewing machines, I find many people do not use these beautiful stitches to their full advantage, what I like to do is overlap decorative stitches with different coloured thread