Down to Earth Wall Hanging
What you will need:
- 4 metres of fabric, I always purchase more than I need, just in case. This includes the backing fabric you need to stitch all the designs down.
- 4 metres of light or medium weight wadding, I used light.
- 1.5 metres of red and white gingham fabric
- Tear away
The following photo is a guide to the numbering system for you to follow to make the quilt
- For each of the designs I used a light weight wadding and a tear away
- Stitch out the following “Down to Earth” designs 001 to 030 to make the quilt
- Find the centre of your backing fabric and mark the fabric as seen in the photograph
- Lightly glue, I used a hot glue gun and glue the design 005 down where you marked your centre and then zig zag stitch the design down to your background fabric
- Above 005 lightly glue 008 down and zig zag stitch the design down to your background fabric
- Keep going with lightly gluing the design and then zig zag stitching all the designs down
- You can then finish the quilt any way that would best suit you. I would have used the red and white gingham fabric as the background fabric but I did not have enough of the fabric so I put the gingham fabric on the outside of the quilt.